About Me

My name is Cathryn Paternoster. I am the wife of a very popular and charismatic Stake President in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I currently serve as the ward young womens president. I am excited to share stories with LDS sisters everywhere about my husband in his calling and about the dear precious young women whom I have been called to serve.







Thursday, May 26, 2011

The curse and blessings of womanhood

Sisters,

The woman’s position with regards to a man and her emotional dependence on him has on occasion been spoken of as a curse.  To quote from Brigham Young in the Journal of Discourses:
“True there is a curse upon the woman that is not upon the man, namely that her whole affections shall be towards her husband, and what is next? He shall rule over you.”

Female liberationists would doubtless respond “spoken like a true male chauvinist” but they do not understand the blessings and promises we women have nor the sacred covenants we make with the Lord in the temples to obey our husbands.

I always feel much better about my lot in life after reading the rest of the quote from Brigham Young which advises:
“A woman should say “I will make the best of it; it is a law that man should rule over me; his word is my law, and I must obey him; he must rule over me; this is upon me and I will submit to it”.  By so doing she has promises that others do not have.”

I am thankful for my husband who rules over me with love, kindness and righteous dominion even to the point where he has allowed me to continue this blog.

Sister Paternoster  

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I knew he would let you continue, it was confirmed to me by the Holy Ghost when I prayed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that we will have your views in addition to your husbands! Even though your husband has given you permission to blog I would get his approval for every post. This way you stay within the bounds of your sacred temple covenants. This will save your husband from the hassle of having to lovingly reprove and correct you after you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You (or any other endowed wife) are not obligated to "obey her husband" more than obey the Lord. My husband, after learning of my diagnosis of cancer, "gave me permission to die, for the good of the family". Not very supportive, he had already found a replacement. Do you think that was righteous dominion or counsel?. Heavenly Father overruled that "priesthood counsel" and DID NOT grant me that luxury. His (God's) permission to die is the only one I need to obtain, and He hasn't seen fit to take me home. I was punished by "local stake leaders" for "defying his authority". So be careful that the obedience you covenant to is to the Lord first."Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less." DC122

    Keep posting Sister P.

    ReplyDelete