About Me

My name is Cathryn Paternoster. I am the wife of a very popular and charismatic Stake President in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I currently serve as the ward young womens president. I am excited to share stories with LDS sisters everywhere about my husband in his calling and about the dear precious young women whom I have been called to serve.







Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Personal Priesthood Interview

Sisters, do you have a weekly personal priesthood interview with your husband? As the wife of a stake president I get to have one every Sunday evening.  It is truly wonderful and a highlight of my week to get a few minutes of alone time with him. This time we measured the length of my new skirt to ensure it was appropriate and then Bill checked my shoe cupboard to ensure I still owned no flip flops (he knows I have secretly wanted a pair for years, but is worried I might be tempted to wear them to a church function).  We then counted my antidepressant pills to ensure that I had taken the right amount since our interview last week (he just wants to ensure I fit in with the other LDS sisters in the neighborhood), and no I didn’t rush home in a panic during Sunday School to quickly flush 7 of them down the toilet.  
Everything was going so well but then he asked me whether I thought my new blog was appropriate. I told him all about the Sunday School lesson that day that I hadn’t missed and how fascinating it was that Jesus did all those things and asked him about the ward conference he presided over earlier.  It’s so easy to distract him but I have covenanted to obey my husband as he obeys 'The Father' so maybe I should delete this blog.  Sisters what do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I responded to your first post before reading this one. I see you do take antidepressants. I truly feel as a woman you have alot to offer in advice and experience, please let Bill know that a woman's perspective always helps other women. Men, although the priesthood holder in the home can often seem confusing to women and hearing their actions justified by other women help us accept and love them more. Truly this is a teaching tool you have both been blessed with. Prez, please allow her to continue, with your guidance, she too can touch the lives of many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Paternoster I'm deeply touched by your desire to speak your mind. But note that there are no women as general authorities. This is because women are not capable of making decisions about self-expression without the guidance of a man. You are twice as blessed as your husband is also your priesthood leader. It would be wise to follow the example of the scriptures, and be a 'strong support' to your husband. However if president could find it in his heart to let you speak uncensored then I'd be happy to read it. Otherwise don't forget your place in the Church. Your place is to be a child-bearing quiet pillar of strength. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister PaternosterMay 18, 2011 at 6:09 PM

    Thank you to the first anonymous poster. Hopefully Bill will allow me to continue doing this. I don't need antidepressants but Bill wants me to be like the wives of the general authorities and to fit in so I comply (or at least he thinks I do).

    To the second poster I agree that I need the guidance of a man in order to make decisions. I am the young womens president in my ward but am under the direction of the bishop in all that I do. This includes any decisions I make. It is comforting to know that the Lord loves me so much that he has placed righteous priesthood holders over me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does Bill feel about all the time you spend with the Bishop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep this blog going. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so blessed to have such a wise husband that you have covenanted to hearken unto. This way you don't have to bother to know what the Lord wants for you. You can just ask your husband and he can do all the thinking for you. As a 23 year old unmarried female not only am I a shame to my pioneer heritage, but I am forced to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling. I cannot wait till I get to go to the temple and covenant to hearken unto my returned missionary husband for time and all eternity so that he can plan my life and work out my salvation for me! Thank you for this blog, but please, please, please get your husbands permission and counsel on this blog so that you do not break your sacred temple covenants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an example of a submissive wife...I hope I can be like you one day! I would be especially happy if you would share with us any homemaking/ parenting skills that you use in your family. What's it like being married to the Stake President? I can only imagine that he is a GA in training. You are so lucky, er, uh...I mean blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sister Paternoster, my Bishop told me it's OK to wear flip flops as long as you wear dark socks, too.

    ReplyDelete