About Me

My name is Cathryn Paternoster. I am the wife of a very popular and charismatic Stake President in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I currently serve as the ward young womens president. I am excited to share stories with LDS sisters everywhere about my husband in his calling and about the dear precious young women whom I have been called to serve.







Friday, May 13, 2011

A Letter of Complaint against Stake President Paternoster

My dear sisters, I know it can be hard having a husband who is constantly away from home fulfilling his priesthood role.  Sometimes we sisters get so bored that we end up unconsciously going through our husband’s things in an attempt to be closer to him. Life seems so unfair sometimes.    

I know I am not supposed to read his personal letters and I’m sure President Paternoster wouldn’t want me to but I was innocently going through his top desk drawer the other night and just couldn’t resist sharing this with you.  You see occasionally members will go against the counsel of The Brethren by writing a letter directly to a general authority.  Fortunately as per the handbook of instructions these letters get sent right back to my husband to deal with. I'm not sure how he will handle this situation but somehow he always manages.  

Here is the letter that was recently sent back to him from church headquarters.  It was by one of the kindest and sweetest members of our stake, Sister Bloggings.  I am sure she meant well - this is what she wrote;

Dear President Monson,

I am writing to complain about my Stake President Bill Paternoster. While his teachings are in harmony with the gospel and he is loved by all I feel that after almost suffering a heart attack whilst innocently coming across his disturbing pictures in the brand new Target catalogue I can no longer sustain him as stake president.

My 27 year old great granddaughter loves the pictures and thinks President Paternoster looks very handsome in boxer shorts which may very well be the case, but I think this may be having a bad influence on the young sisters in the stake who may find him and his underwear more attractive than that of the other worthy priesthood holders.   

May I please ask that you conduct a temple worthiness interview with him to see if he is wearing his garments night and day as instructed in the temple and in accordance with the sacred covenants he has made.   

I understand that he is highly sought after with his natural boyish good looks and figure.  Rumor even has it (not that I listen to rumors) that sales triple when he appears in these catalogues. But I wonder if instead of serving God he is aware that he is in fact serving mammon.  He is setting a very poor example for the Bishops, Stake High Council and other priesthood leaders to follow.

I for one am not comfortable with the tithing dollars from his modeling practices being used to build up the kingdom of God upon the Earth. I consider this money to be of the filthy lucre that is spoken of in scripture and wish he would just stick to his very successful marketing business which I have recently joined and am very excited about.  I will be presenting our business to other good sisters as part of my visiting teaching route and in our upcoming Relief Society personal finances planning session next week.    
  
I sincerely thank you in advance for your understanding and for your prompt action in calling a new stake president which unfortunately can no longer be Brother Bloggings as he passed away some seventeen years ago,

Sincerely yours,

Sister Mabel Bloggings

5 comments:

  1. Cathryn, thank you for sharing this insight into the life of President Paternoster and his weighty mantle. The full length and girth of a stake president's responsibility is even more extensive than I thought.

    I like this blog and look forward to more posts but to be forthright, I am concerned that you did not discuss this undertaking with your husband prior to accepting the calling. I trust the time it consumes will not take you away from your sacred family obligations and duties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I had to read your post twice to ensure I was reading correctly. For my Target ad has only a black man in swim shorts and I was highly concerned for stake president's should be white and delightsome. However I see now that you said catalogue. Would you mind posting the photo so all can admire him? Also we are so curious to know how many children you all have together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister PaternosterMay 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM

    Spencer thank you for your concerns. To be honest, with all the kids gone I have far too much time on my hands during the day and blogging will help me stay out of the trap that Sister Cullingham across the street seems to have fallen into. I thought those FedEx drivers were decent respectable gentlemen and had no idea they had the time to spend an hour or more each day with their customers. That reminds me, I really should ship another Book of Mormon to my pen pal in England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister PaternosterMay 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

    Anonymous, rest assured my husband is white and extremely delightsome. Please get a copy of the latest Target catalogue to see him in all his glory. I have a copy right in front of me but wouldn't know the first thing about how to post it on a blog.

    With regards to children we had 7 altogether before we were blessed with quintuplets and since then I haven't been able to keep count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, bravo to you! You are more woman than I will ever be! 12 children! Can I ask if you've ever had any trouble with depression? Older women I feel have so much experience and advice for us young gals.

    ReplyDelete